Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Brain's Being Productive Today!

A random idea came flying down from the heavens and smacked me in the face today.

One of the most awesome parts about the Internet (in my opinion, at least) is that you can meet people from all over the place. I could go on and on about all the random cool things I've learned about what life's like in different places just by having conversations over the Internet.

So, wouldn't it be awesome if there was a website which was solely dedicated to learning these random cool things and asking seemingly useless questions? Like, say you wanted to know what people think of McDonalds in, I dunno, Germany. You could ask this question, a German member could answer it for you.

Obviously, a website like this would start out slowly. For it to work the way I'd like it to, it would need time to attract a diverse membership. But it could start small. Even within the United States - heck, even within this town, people have a bunch of different lifestyles. There are probably people out there wondering what it's like to be in cross country, or to live on a farm, or to live in... Maltby. And from there, it would grow.

And once it's grown, wouldn't it be a wonderful resource for writers, travelers, and plain old curious people?

I'm seriously thinking about starting a site like this, using a forum host site since I don't know enough about web design to actually make one myself. It would probably be a message board style deal, with usernames and avatars and such so that you could choose exactly how anonymous you want to be.

Is anybody interesting? Have any suggestions for the name of this site? Any suggestions in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment